Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Notice of Termination of the Legal Hold
From: Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:43:52 -0800

We assign Hold Codes to every litigation matter. When we send out the
notice of the hold, it includes the matter name, a short summary, some
standardized instructions and the hold code. It also includes a list of
record series and file codes from our retention schedule of the types of
documents that need to be held. There is a space for the attorney to add
comments about the specifics for that case. When the matter is settled,
we have another standard letter that goes out that just contains the
matter name and the hold code.

I'll send you samples separately.

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes