Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: 16mm film transfer
From: "Ronald W. Frazier" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:47:27 -0500

I'm not sure these apply directly to what you're doing, but you might find
them useful.  Click around the links on the site.  It has lots of good
data.  All I know about it is what's on the website.  I haven't used this
person's services personally. - vinegar syndrome

At 11/30/2006 02:28 PM -0600, you wrote:
>We have several reals of 16mm film that is probably over 50 years old.
>When I open the canisters I can detect a very slight vinegar small, so I
>suspect  they are starting to deteriorate (Vinegar Syndrome).  I would like
>to find out what others have done with their old films.  Have you
>transferred them to another media?  If you have, what company did you use?
>Thanks in advance.
>Janet Nelson
>Janet Nelson CRM
>Manager Records
>Dairyland Power Cooperative
>3200 East Avenue South
>PO Box 817
>La Crosse WI 54602-0817
>List archives at

Ron Frazier
Recordable DVD's & CD's can fail in 2-5 years.  Don't let that happen to
YOUR data.
    Get your GOLD Archival Grade DVD's & CD's from today! --- ---
I am an independent consultant interested in exploring ways to archive data
over long periods of time.
Ron Frazier  --  P.O. Box 2284  --  Cumming, GA  30028  --  770-205-9422
(O)  --  404-431-5472 (C)
Email: rwfrazier AT macdatasecurity DOT com  (replace the AT and DOT by hand)

List archives at