Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Ethics and Rights or RM's
From: "Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:03:12 -0500

Ben wrote: <... information or feedback on the rights of RM's ...>

How about the right to not be a scapegoat?

So often in the past RM has accepted (willingly, or kicking and
screaming) accountability for compliance that is beyond their capability
to truly manage.  I am fighting to create a culture of accountability
within my firm that allocates roles, responsibilities and accountability
appropriately, thus better protecting the RM function and staff from
undue exposure.

Good luck with your presentation and your studies!

Julie J. Colgan
Director of Records Management
Nexsen Pruet LLC

List archives at