]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FFC-L Home

FFC-L  2007

FFC-L 2007

Exec meeting 04/23, CopyNight 04/25, FCC hearing 04/30

John Nile Li <[log in to unmask]>

John Nile Li <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:26:11 -0400

text/plain

Florida Free Culture
< http://uf.freeculture.org/ >

Activities exec meeting 04/23

We're having an exec meeting dedicated to discussing and planning our
events for next semester. Any officers who can't come should let me
know. If you're interested in seeing what we have in the pipeline,
please come!

* When: Monday, April 23, 6:30 pm
* Where: Reitz Union room 288/291

CopyNight Gainesville 04/25

Our last CopyNight this semester! To commemorate World IP Day, the theme
of which for 2007 is "Encouraging Creativity," this month's CopyNight
meeting will convene to discuss the subject: "Encouraging Creativity:
Are We?".

Since April 25 is the last day of classes for the semester, we look
forward to a rollicking discussion. Pull up a chair, grab a beverage,
and cut loose with a critical look at our modern intellectual property
regime.

* When: Wednesday, April 25, 7 pm
* Where: Tim and Terry's (1417 NW 1st Ave.)

http://uf.freeculture.org/2007/04/09/save-the-date-encouraging-creativity-are-we/

FCC hearing in Tampa 04/30

The FCC is holding a public hearing on media ownership in Tampa. There
will be a carpool from Gainesville for those interested in attending the
hearing. For more information, please email Gavin Baker: [log in to unmask]

* When: Monday, April 30, 4:00 - 11:00 pm
* Where: Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
         Louise Lykes Ferguson Hall
         1010 North W.C. MacInnes Place
         Tampa, Florida 33602
         (directions:  http://www.tbpac.org/welcome/directions/directions.html)