Free Culture meeting, other events

Gavin Baker <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:51:48 -0500

text/plain

Florida Free Culture
< http://uf.freeculture.org/ >

Our next meeting is tomorrow (Monday, Feb. 5) at 6:30 pm. We will be
watching excerpts from "Big Brother, Big Business", and discussing
electronic privacy.

Make special note that the meeting is in Turlington rm. 1315 -- not the
Reitz Union! This will be the room for the rest of our general meetings
this semester.

Hope to see you there! Below are some other events you may be interested
in this week.

* Tomorrow (Monday, Feb. 5) is also the deadline to register to vote in
the upcoming Gainesville city commission elections. If you are not
registered, register by 5 pm. More information at:
http://elections.alachua.fl.us/

* Tuesday, Feb. 6, the Music & Entertainment Industry Student
Association is showing "Before the Music Dies," a documentary about the
music industry. The screening will be at 8 pm in the Reitz Union Auditorium.

* Thursday, Feb. 8, the Civic Media Center is showing "Beyond the
PATRIOT Act," an episode of the ACLU Freedom Files TV show. The
screening will be followed by a discussion led by the ACLU regional
chair. The screening will be at 7 pm at the CMC, 1021 W. University Ave.

* This weekend is the Music Law Conference at the law school. There will
be a music showcase Friday night, with speakers all day Saturday. For
more information: http://www.law.ufl.edu/musiclawconf/

Gavin Baker
Vice President, Florida Free Culture

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
To leave this list, send an email to:
with this message in the body:
   signoff FFC-L

JOIN THE DISCUSSION:
To join the discussion list, send an email to:
with this message in the body:
   subscribe FFC-DISCUS-L