]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2007

GRADSTUDENT-L 2007

UF Graduate Student Council Meets 22 February 2007

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:21:02 -0500

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:       21 February 2007

To:         All UF Graduate Students

From:       Andrew Jenkins
            UF Graduate Student Council President

RE:         UF Graduate Student Council Meets 22 February 2007

Please join the UF Graduate Student Council (GSC) at our next general
meeting on Thursday, 22 February 2007 at 6:30 pm in 109 Little Hall. The
agenda for this month's meeting includes a graduate student bill of rights
(more below -- please read on), GSC officer nominations for 2007-2008,
discussion of our upcoming annual Research Forum, and representatives from
the Pants and Swamp parties running for SG office.

GSC has been invited to submit a graduate student bill of rights. In order
to create the most comprehensive policies possible, we are asking all
graduate students to consider what they would like to see in such a
document. We invite you to send you ideas to your GSC department
representative to share at our next meeting (or come yourself to share
them). Below are links to a few similar documents. Please review these and
consider what broad areas (academic freedom, intellectual property rights,
attribution, status as junior colleagues, equality of access to
education/degrees, mentoring, abuse-free environments, etc.) should be
included in such a bill and begin formulating specific policies. The ideas
generated at the next meeting will produce a document to be considered at
our March meeting. Links:

http://www.aaup.org/AAUP/pubsres/policydocs/statementongraduatestudents.htm
http://www.epi.ucdavis.edu/PPMbillrr.htm
http://www.colorado.edu/graduateschool/BillofRights.html
http://www.gsa.ucsb.edu/documents/billofrights/index.html
http://www.purdue.edu/univregs/pages/stu_conduct/bill_right.html

Refreshments will be provided at the meeting. GSC department representatives
are required to attend our monthly meetings to maintain their department's
eligibility to participate in the travel grant program. Please come a few
minutes early to sign in. We hope to see you there!

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you. We look forward to seeing you this Thursday evening!