]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2007

GRADSTUDENT-L 2007

SPEAK Test Dates and EAP Course Offerings for Fall 2007

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:34:02 -0400

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   8 August 2007

To:     All UF Graduate Coordinators, Staff and Students

From:   Mr. Gordon Tapper
        Coordinator
        UF Academic Spoken English

RE:     SPEAK Test Dates and EAP Course Offerings for Fall 2007

All international graduate students whose first language is not English
(official first language of home country) and who may be appointed as
teaching assistants (with lecturing/lab responsibilities) need to have a
passing score (45 or higher) on either a TSE (Test of Spoken English --
administered by ETS) or a SPEAK test (administered on the UF campus.) In
addition, any international graduate teaching assistant whose first language
is not English who scores a 45 or 50 on a SPEAK or TSE test and who is
appointed to teach (with lecturing/lab responsibilities) must enroll, during
their first semester teaching, in a 3-credit EAP 5836 course. International
graduate students appointed as TA-G (grading and office hour
responsibilities only) are neither required to pass a SPEAK test nor
eligible to enroll in EAP 5836. SPEAK test dates, times and locations for
the Fall 2007 semester are as follows:

20 August 2007, 4:00 p.m., 1317 Turlington Hall*
12 September 2007, 6:00 p.m., 1317 Turlington Hall
16 October 2007, 6:00 p.m., 1317 Turlington Hall
13 November 2007, 6:00 p.m., 1317 Turlington Hall
5 December 2007, 6:00 p.m., 1317 Turlington Hall

*Priority given to new students admitted Fall 2007 for this test session.

Information about SPEAK test registration as well as our oral communications
in English courses can be accessed through our program website
(http://ase.ufl.edu) or by telephone (392-3286).  Please note that course
time information about our ASE courses is available in ISIS listed under
Linguistics.