]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2007

GRADSTUDENT-L 2007

Graduate Student Senators Needed: Apply February 2, 5 and 6

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:23:54 -0500

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:      2 February 2007

To:        All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff

From:      Pedro B. Morales
           Former UF Graduate Student Senator

Reply To:  [log in to unmask]

RE:        GRADUATE STUDENT SENATORS NEEDED: APPLY FEBRUARY 2, 5 AND 6

Committed and passionate graduate students are needed to run for seats in
the UF Student Government Senate for one-year terms, from March 2007 to
February 2008. Senators are required to attend senate meetings on Tuesday
evenings at 7:30 p.m. in the Reitz Union during their terms.

To run, fill out a slating form any time from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in 284
Reitz Union on Friday, 2 February 2007, Monday, 5 February 2007 or Tuesday,
6 February 2007. Slating and interviewing takes 10 to 20 minutes.

Then there will be a mandatory meeting for slated and independent candidates
at 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 7 February 2007 in 282 Reitz Union.

The UF Student Government Senate fulfills a very important role on campus,
including allocating money to the UF Graduate Student Council and funding
graduate student travel grants. Past accomplishments include successfully
negotiating for graduate student health care, repealing the $50 semester
international student fee, and obtaining Sunday bus service.

I was a graduate student senator for a year and a half. We brought graduate
concerns before the student body and worked with the UF Graduate Student
Council. I learned a lot about service to the university and working in a
group environment to tackle difficult problems facing the university.

The UF Student Government Senate needs you: plus, this is a great chance to
get involved on campus and develop organizational and leadership skills. So
please consider coming out and slating. For more information, visit the UF
Student Government Elections homepage online by clicking on this link...

http://www.sg.ufl.edu/elections.aspx

...or e-mail the UF Student Government Supervisor of Elections, Brian
Aungst, at this e-mail address...

...or e-mail me at this e-mail address...

Thank you.