Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Your recommendation please: a big volume mail solution

Arthur Sherman <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Nov 2007 03:54:33 +0200

text/plain

> What is "spam-proof etc hosting"?

This means we neither send nor allow spam from or to our servers.

> How do you guarantee that the email will all stay inside
> Israel? The nature of the internet is that something.com may
> be anywhere...and even if you were to limit them to addresses
> ending in .il, that doesn't mean the mail will stay inside Israel.

This is a problem.
Even while sending to Israelis only, he will actually send to Yahoo, Gmail
and Hotmail.
Someone in private adviced me, as a part of solution, to make agreements
with such a sites, so they would allow large volumes from us.
I don't see for now how could I achieve this.

> I can legally sell a list of addresses. That doesn't mean
> when you start spamming them, the recipients won't respond
> appropriately.

Point taken.
Right now I think how to build/get subscribers DB.

> He's going to build a new data center for spamming Israelis?
> That seems unlikely.

He is.
AFAIK, the communication office wants to legitimize several such providers,
and crush down on other spammers.

> I suggest you watch this video.
>
> http://69box.atlantic.net/daily/scott_richter_on_dailyshow_033
02004.wmv

Hard to argue...
  Jon Lewis | I route
  Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
  Atlantic Net |

Thanks
Arthur