Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: LINUX-L Digest - 7 Dec 2007 to 8 Dec 2007 (#2007-219)

Eric Lavigne <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:46:29 -0500

text/plain

> Python? It's probably better than Java, but why mess with the second
> tier<g> when there's Smalltalk?

Perhaps because it's difficult to determine whether a language is on a
higher tier without first spending a great deal of time mastering it.

http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html

I would love to see a Gatorlug presentation about the advantages of
Smalltalk, or perhaps a short tutorial introduction to creating
programs with Squeak. I found the Squeak environment a bit
overwhelming, perhaps because I'm accustomed to working with textual
descriptions of programs rather than interacting with the objects
directly.

--
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.

                    - Howard Aiken -