LINUX-L 2007

CopyNight Gainesville re-launch tonight

Gavin Baker <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:11:50 -0500

text/plain

Just a late reminder that tonight is the re-launch of CopyNight
Gainesville. I hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, Jan. 24
7 pm
Tim and Terry's, 1417 NW 1st Ave.
(the purple house behind the Target Copy on University Ave.)

CopyNight is a social meetup for people interested in copyright reform.
We meet once a month in cities around the world. After a hiatus, this
month marks the return of CopyNight to Gainesville.

CopyNight is a way to build strong social ties among the various
communities who all have a stake in copyright law that works in the
public interest. We invite students, professors, technologists, creative
artists, librarians, businesspeople, lawyers, and everyone else. We meet
over drinks to chat about recent events and the challenges that face us.

CopyNight is free to attend is open to all ages. A word to the wise for
those driving to Tim and Terry's: allow extra time to find a parking
spot. There will not be one nearby, and you will have to walk a few blocks.

We'll be meeting on the 4th Wednesday of each month. Depending how
things go tonight, we may stay at Tim and Terry's in future months, or
we may go somewhere else.

See you there!

Gavin Baker
Host by default, CopyNight Gainesville