Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Having problems reading an old Wiin98 drive.

"Roger B. Van Arnam" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 May 2007 20:03:45 -0400

text/plain

Help, I have setup my niece with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 64 and have the
computer working well. One of her old drives was hooked up when the
installation was done to the new drive in the new computer. She has
another drive to get files off of that does not seem to mount. The drive
is 18GB and shows up as EZ-Drive or Western Digital as the file format
not Vfat. The drive has Western Digital's software patch to allow Win98
to read the entire volume and I think this is why I cannot get it
mounted. I have tried several set of instructions to get it to work and
have been reading for the last couple of days and will try again. Does
anybody know if this will work or do I have to suck the files off on a
Windows machine and then reformat/rewrite or use sneaker net to move the
files?

Thanks,
Roger B. Van Arnam