Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

FW: A Tale of Two Hard Drives

"Charles R. Tompkins" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:00:18 -0400

text/plain

Vista had to drop the WinFS for NTFS to make the belated ship date...

However, from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista
"Services for UNIX has been renamed "Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications,"
and is included with the Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Vista. Network
File System (NFS) client support is also included."

If you had another Linux computer at home, you could install the hdd in it
and set up the NFS and mount it on Vista (will have to see to believe 100%).

The USB flash disk suggestion sounds way easier to me.
-Charles