Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: website monitoring

"Michael D. Kutyna" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:10:35 -0400

text/plain

Cacti is definitely more than what you're asking for, no question about
that. You could, of course, craft a simple script that resides on your
home machine running periodically that logs when it is unable to reach
the outside world. I would craft such a thing myself for my home
connection as soon as I get the time to make the time travel device so I
could have the time to craft said script. :D

Thanks Tom for reminding me that the RRD databases can have the default
precision changed.

mdk