LINUX-L 2007

Re: unsubscribe

Eric Lavigne <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:51:29 -0500

text/plain

> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 22:42 -0500, Nong Lavigne wrote:
> > Stating the bloody obvious:
> >
> > Perhaps the list owners *ahem* (CCC and LINUX-L) could create a default footer:
> While that's a fine idea and laudable etc. it has some problems. The
> mailing list software has to be clever and understand MIME and not just
> append to the message body or the footer won't show up in multi-part
> messages. Add pgp to the equation and things get even worse.
>
> Perhaps the ufl listserv is capable of doing the Right Thing, but I kind
> of doubt it.

Perhaps the listserv is capable of blocking messages that match a
certain pattern (subject="unsubscribe") and sending a message to the
original sender indicating the reason for the block ("incorrect
unsubscribe method. see the FAQ/manual at...").

Eric [guy from the peanut gallery who never operated a mailing list]