]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 30

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:33:31 -0800

text/plain

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 01:59 pm, Justin Moore wrote:

> Not entirely sure if I understand your question, but we use a test
> server that runs the exact same software as our production web server
> for testing changes to the web sites before they go live. In our
> application hardware does not necessarily need to be identical on
> both boxes, but it is important that the software matches as closely
> as possible. Make SURE your config files match as we found out the
> hard way with a register_globals issue!

We're in the webhosting business and we do the same.  Before we move new
software to any of our working servers we test them on a testbed
running the same software.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517