LINUX-L 2007

Kernel Patch question

Mark Oden <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:25:46 -0400

text/plain

I'm trying to install PerfCtr on two different architectures and have
the kernel source for both. However the patches won't take, and I think
I've figured out why. Many of the files that are trying to be patched
are simply not in the source. For example, it is trying to patch
"/arch/x86_64/ia32/ia32entry.S" but there is nothing in the ia32
directory other than "Makefile". There are other such files that are
trying to be patched and do not exist. Perhaps I don't have the
complete source (not sure how ...)? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

~Mark Oden