]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Ubuntu display resolution limit bug?

Dan Stoner <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:17:40 -0400

text/plain

> You could also try booting from a live CD and copying the xorg.conf
> file, assuming the resolution is correct in the live session.

I used a similar method to get my wireless working in another distro...
boot Ubuntu LiveCD where wireless "just worked", grab info on which
kernel modules were loaded, iwconfigs, etc., then rebooted into the
Linux distro where my wireless was not working and found the difference.

LiveCDs are the best thing since sliced apple pie.

- Dan