Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Ruby on Rails on Redhat 5 + Apache 2 + fcgi

Jon Akers <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:32:56 -0400

text/plain

Jesse Rhoads wrote:
> Has anyone else had any problems getting Ruby on Rails projects working
> using fastcgi or fcgi on Redhat 5 + Apache 2?
> We've seen problems with some projects where the fcgi script won't run
> or stay running, while others work fine. A clean install of all
> components following numerous documentation examples yields failure.
> The stuff I've seen online says to just use a different web server than
> Apache (even an article in redhat magazine) but I'd prefer to keep a
> packaged system such as Apache if possible. Anyone with any insight can
> contact me offlist. Thanks!
> -Jesse

My question is why you are trying to run any of this stuff on a version
of an operating system that came out 10 years ago. (No, really... I had
to look up when Redhat 5 came out.)

--
Jon Akers