Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Tux Birthday (Linux turns 16) | August 25 | 6pm to ?

Clinton Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:57:42 -0400

text/plain

Bill Merriam wrote:
> -
> Would someone be kind enough to explain what Fiberopticsplus will need
> to provide in the way of networking for this? Are we talking wired or
> wireless networking? Will Internet access be necessary or would a
> closed network be better? Will the wireless router Clint brings to club
> meetings be used? Will people bring their own power strip/surge
> suppressors or does FOP need those?

Bill,

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a hectic week. Call me tomorrow
after 8am - 352-373-4957. I'm planning to bring a switch and some cable
for the network stuff.

I still need to work out food and drink for about 30 people. I am happy
to pick stuff up and help get it prepared. Can you help me with this?

--
Clint