Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Machine room air temperature sensor for Linux?

Cain M Norris <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:01:45 -0400

text/plain

Bill Merriam wrote:
> Another option that I haven't tried is ibuttons. The sensor button
> lists for $7.00 and the USB reader for $30. Cheap enough to give it a try.

I've used these, and they're certainly effective, though I've not used
the USB reader under Linux (I built a serial one).

If you can scrounge up a 1-Wire adapter, I have some unused temp sensor
and temp logger iButtons, and an iButton holder.

> http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/2818
> http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3834

Also, Maxim-Dallas is very good about sourcing free sample parts, both
iButtons and ICs. I don't think they'll sample prebuilt readers, though.

> Bill

Cain

--
Cain M Norris