LINUX-L 2007

Re: Window managers

Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:45:10 -0400

text/plain

Jim Martinez wrote:
> I'm thinking of leaving fluxbox.
>
> I'm not keen on Ice nor on gnome nor on kde.
>
> Anyone suggestions for another window manager?
>
> Freedesktops has links to ice and a few other window managers. Maybe I'll
> pick one from there. Shrug.
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Desktops

One of my favorite flavors to customize & make my own is...

Xfce - Desktop Environment
http://www.xfce.org/

"Xfce is a lightweight desktop environment for various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity, it loads and executes applications fast,
while conserving system resources." - Olivier Fourdan, creator of Xfce

--
Art Wildman - [log in to unmask] - http://networkthis.net
"Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, thereís