Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Dual-DVI video card recommendations?

Bruce H McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:34:13 -0500

text/plain

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 17:25 -0500, Avi Baumstein wrote:
> So I'm upgrading at work, and my new computer has PCI-E, so my old video
> card won't work. Anyone have any suggestions for good video cards with
> Dual-DVI (and of course, good linux support)? I just need something for
> general office type work, so I'm thinking around the $100 range.
>
> Browsing on Newegg, most of the dual-DVI cards I found (at least in the
> reasonable price range) are ATI Radeon based, but last time I went
> looking, their linux support was crappy to non-existant, and I haven't
> seen much recently that indicates thats changed. My old card is an
> Nvidia, and has worked well, is Nvidia still a good choice? Any
> particular model to look for?

I found one nVidia based card on Amazon for under a hundred bucks:
http://www.amazon.com/Geforce-7300GT-256MB-Dual-Dvi/dp/B000GD3T5O/sr=8-4/qid=1169644951/ref=sr_1_4/105-1544401-8627634?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments

Mwave has a couple of cards under and several cards just over $100:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/DeepSearch.hmx?scriteria=dual+dvi
+geforce&Dname=Video%20Cards&Pname=XFX&DID=VID&PID=VIDEOCARDS-PINE&ALL=y

I have a slightly older card (a dual DVI GeForce 6600 PCI-E) that I'm
quite happy with.

Bruce H. McIntosh [log in to unmask]
Senior Network Engineer http://net-services.ufl.edu
University of Florida CNS/Network Services 352-392-2061