Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: LINUX-L Digest - 7 Dec 2007 to 8 Dec 2007 (#2007-219)

Bill Schwab <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 9 Dec 2007 14:59:10 -0500

text/plain

Jim,

Python? It's probably better than Java, but why mess with the second
tier<g> when there's Smalltalk? The actual string conversions are
trivial; the question is whether c: <-> /home/user is "good enough" or
simply asking for trouble. Even more so, any cautions about the time
stamps would be greatly appreciated. Squeak "advertises" a modification
time; I plan to start with that and keep a close eye on it when I
finally start to regularly exchange files between the two operating
systems (pardon me, make that one operating system, and one
technological blight).

Thanks for the pointer! The os.path module is certainly worth a look.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology