LINUX-L 2007

Logwatch--CORRECTION

Arthur Sherman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:40:14 +0200

text/plain

Hi people,

Until recently, a LogWatch summary from my server has been ~100K

Now it is ~2MB in plain text.

Weird thing is that it has the entire maillog, included as a part of
clamav-milter report.

Sendmail.cf has log level set to 8:
--
dnl Enable this for debug output from Sendmail.
define(`confLOG_LEVEL', `8')dnl

dnl Enable this to see even more debug output.
dnl Defaults to confLOG_LEVEL.
dnl
dnl If Milter.LogLevel is greater-than:
dnl
dnl 0 Communication errors
dnl 8 Header & RCPT modification messages
dnl 9 Connect to info
dnl 10 Milter error return codes, abort messages
dnl 12 More return code info, connection/open errors
dnl 14 grey & rcpts info
dnl 17 Show headers & body sent to a milter.
dnl 18 Quit
dnl 21 Time a milter
dnl define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 8)dnl
--

Clamd.conf has following:
--

# Specify the type of syslog messages - please refer to 'man syslog'
# for facility names.

Logwatch.conf has this detail level:
--
# The default detail level for the report.
# This can either be Low, Med, High or a number.

How could I stop maillog from being inserted into logwatch?

TIA!

Best,

--
Arthur Sherman