LINUX-L 2007

Re: Logwatch--CORRECTION

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:05:51 -0800

text/plain

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 02:40 am, Arthur Sherman wrote:

> Until recently, a LogWatch summary from my server has been ~100K
>
> Now it is ~2MB in plain text.
>
> Weird thing is that it has the entire maillog, included as a part of
> clamav-milter report.

This morning I had a logwatch that was too big to receive; instead it
bounced to root, which meant I got the first 100K forwarded to me. I
didn't see anything wrong in the first 100k, except for an awful lot of
ssh tries which won't get anywhre. For better or worse I decided to
wait until Wednesday morning and the next report.

Maybe I should be more paranoid.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517