LINUX-L 2007

self-deleting tarball?

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:46:58 -0700

text/plain

Okay, here's one for the record books... at least for me, anyway.

I've got a tarball: home.tar.gz

I can manipulate it on the server that created it.

But when I scp it to another server...

I can see it in the directory ... it grows as it's getting built on the
destination system.

Once it gets there, within a second, it disappears from the directory.

The creating server is built on: CentOS release 4.4 (Final)

The destination server is built on: CentOS release 4.4 (Final)

Both of the above are direct pastes from /etc/redhat-release.

When I scp it to my Mandrake desktop it DOES NOT disappear.

however when I move it from there to the destination server it
disappears.

When I untar it on my desktop, then tar it back up again, and move it to
the destination server, it disappears.

When I rename the tarball on my desktop system (to :
prakash.home.tar.gz) and move it to the destination it disappears.

When I rename it to prakash.tar.gz, and move it to the destination, it
disappears.

Other tarballs move fine.

Any ideas? This one really has me stumped.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517