LINUX-L 2007

Re: Grub errors :(

"Kisida, Todd" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:40:53 -0400

text/plain

You might want to look at the boot.ini file on the Windows partition.
Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022 for information
regarding editing the file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Platform Independent Linux List! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Mark Oden
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Grub errors :(

Ed,

Using your suggestions I was able to determine that the Windows disk is
believed by GRUB to be hd0. Therefore I took out the "map" commands and

used the 4 remaining commands to attempt the boot. Unfortunately when I

choose Windows and hit return it takes me right back to the "Loading
Fedora Core in ........ x seconds", i.e. as if GRUB was just coming up.

Perhaps now it's an issue with the Windows boot loader?

~Mark

PS. If useful, up to now I've been using a Windows startup disk to
bypass GRUB and take me to Windows when I needed it.