LINUX-L 2007

Re: Module load issues

Mark Oden <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:09:54 -0400

text/plain

Thanks for your replies. Although I realized that the FUSE I was trying
to use was not the same thing as Filesystem in Userspace, it turns out
that both applications were installed (which I did not know) making
things very confusing. The module that wasn't loading was the
Filesystem in Userspace module, which I don't necessarily need to work.
I was testing the Nallatech drivers with an executable they provide, and
it was returning "Segmentation Fault", which on top of receiving module
load messages led me to believe it was an issue with the drivers.
However as it turns out you must run that executable as root (oddly
enough!) in order for it to not Seg Fault.

Thanks for the assistance though!

~Mark Oden