LINUX-L 2007

OpenSourceHowTo.org

Paul Matthews <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:14:14 +1000

text/plain

http://www.opensourcehowto.org

hi everyone, i've setup a website so that users of open source server side
software can come

and look at instructional guides, how-to's,

forums, wiki's and all sorts of other information about setting up
software on Linux for both

windows and Linux based networks.

I am currently still working on it, adding new screen shots every day,
hoping to double check a

lot of my how-to's once the screen shots are added, re-write them to
increase keyword density

of my articles for better search engine results & once that is done i will
hopefully be adding

streaming video of my how-to articles using either youtube embed code or
meta cafe embed code.

I've made soo many changes to it over the past 2 months now here are a
list of just some of

them.

- Added Super Scripted HowTo links on the home page to each HowTo
- Started adding configuration files into 'Quote' boxes
- Added irc://irc.freenode.net/opensourcehowto
- Added 'OpenSourceHowTo.Org Daily News'
- Started working on getting the Announcements page working with RSS.
- Removed up to 75 ads from OpenSourceHowTo.Org
- Ads locked down, no more offence ads (hopefully) & more relevant ads now
in place.

- New skin now working on all browsers, IE6, IE7, FireFox, Oprea, Safari.
- New skin released for OpenSourceHowTo.Org
- Started working on new skin for OpenSourceHowTo.Org
- Started transfering data from Wiki.OpenSourceHowTo.org to
OpenWiki.OpenSourceHowTo.Org

- OpenWiki was installed on OpenSourceHowTo.Org
- A translation module was added for OpenSourceHowTo.Org
- Video How-to's are being made & added

This list with more information can be found at

http://www.opensourcehowto.org/announcements/

I really hope there is some useful information for people here on this
website & please, if you

have any advice or help on this website, I'd

love to hear it.

OpenSourceHowTo.org
[url]http://www.opensourcehowto.org/[/url]

Wiki.OpenSourceHowTo.org