LINUX-L 2007

Re: ftpd question

"N.J. Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:53:49 -0400

text/plain

* Mauricio Tavares <[log in to unmask]> [2007-06-08 08:54:18 -0400]:
> Religious question: wu-ftpd or proftpd and why?

Only people on crack still use wu-ftpd. (Although I've heard someone
defend its anonymous upload capabilities.)

We use vsftpd because it works well with chrooted virtual users, pretty
much out of the box.

No experience either way with proftpd.

Thomas