Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: scp and sftp... rssh, scponly, or "other"

Justin Moore <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:53:35 -0400

text/plain

You are correct, if you run a standard Apache install that all of the files
will be owned by the Apache user, however if you are using mod_homedir the
files are owned by the user, so you could have home directories for all
users and set their shell to /bin/false while still maintaining proper
ownership. I inherited a Cpanel install here that works this way.
Additionally, Keep in mind that if you require frontpage extensions (to the
best of my knowledge) they are not supported for Apache2. Hope this was at
least marginally helpful/on topic!

Justin