LINUX-L 2007

Log backups

"ODEN,MARK THOMAS" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:00:04 -0400

text/plain

I have a daily cron job that tars and gzips hourly logs and places
them in a new directory (/ftp/oldtraces) and deletes logs older
than 24 hours. I was running the backup script w/o the daily
delete command to test that the backups were going well and then
enabled the delete command. Unfortunately the delete command
deleted the entire /ftp/traces folder (including the folder
itself) which caused no more logs to be uploaded. Can you help me
fix this line so it doesn't delete the folder?

find /ftp/traces -cmin +1440 -print | xargs rm -rf

Thanks,

~Mark Oden