LINUX-L 2007

Re: On-Campus Internet Access

Shelby Powell <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:57:34 -0400

text/plain

Now I am just being a pest... ha

Anyhow, these directions seem to be most referred to on
irc.ubuntu.com. However, no one seems to be able to explain how to
compile/build/install wpa_supplication.

http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/ is very unclear.

I've googled and searched all my preferred Ubuntu/Linux forums and
I'm coming up dry. If you could offer some more advice, I'd be
greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance for your time and
patience.

-----Original Message-----
From: Platform Independent Linux List!
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Cuevas
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: On-Campus Internet Access

you might want to take a look at wpa_supplicant.

http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

here's a quick guide to help as well.

http://www.stevens.edu/itwiki/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php?title=Linux_802.1x

On 8/22/07, Shelby Powell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> UF has made it nigh impossible for an incompetent Ubuntu user
> like
> myself to connect to the internet. They've upgraded to the
> "802.1x
> Industry-Standard Protocol" and they're requiring connections be
> made with IEEE 802.1x authentication (EAP Type: PEAP).
>
> How can I set this up on Ubuntu 7.04?

 ~
  '
gpg fingerprint = F034 300F 30C7 723B 0204 D72F C982 5901 159C
7E0B