Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

crond mail to bypass sendmail masquerade?

"Charles R. Tompkins" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:58:10 -0400

text/plain

So I think I have masquerading setup properly in sendmail... However, the
cron daemon sends mail from the root account with the canonical domain name
as the right-hand side of the address. This goes against the masquerade
configuration which should have it appending the subdomain name only.

In sendmail.mc (excerpts):

FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
EXPOSED_USER(`root')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`flim.flam.foo')dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(flim.flam.foo)dnl

I am using RHEL AS 4 and sendmail 8.13.1.

With this config, I receive emails from cron sent 'from: Cron Daemon

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Charles