Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: "build your own sputnik" (BBC article)

Brian Bartholomew <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:02:33 -0400

text/plain

> I tried researching prices on complete boosters, but found more dead
> links than I've seen in a long time. Even $20-$100 boosters require
> various permits and certifications.

A booster that can lift a payload to orbit and reenter it intact is
also called an ICBM. The widespread private ownership of ICBMs is
going to make it less practical for anyone to insist on permits and
certifications.
Brian