LINUX-L 2007

Re: thermal adhesive

"Bell,Douglas J" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:29:25 -0500

text/plain

Just drill a couple holes around the CPU mount and use plastic ties to
secure the heat sink.

Douglas J. Bell MCSE, MCDBA
Senior Computer Programmer Analyst
University of Florida International Center
http://www.ufic.ufl.edu
O: (352) 392-5323 x 505
C: (352) 256-6087

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand
binary and those who don't."

WE'RE MOVING: UFIC will be moving from Grinter Hall to the HUB
Wednesday, Feb. 28 through Friday, Mar. 2, 2007 . Our offices will be
closed during that time and we will reopen in our new quarters on
Monday, March 5, 2007.

-----Original Message-----
From: Platform Independent Linux List! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Jon Lewis
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: thermal adhesive

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Bill Mercer wrote:

> JB Weld? It's good up to 500 degrees, and conducts heat pretty well.

Actually, maybe I could use that to resecure the heatsink mounting
hooks.
To see if I could, I'd probably have to remove the board from the case
and
see how much the feet poke through. With thermal adhesive, I can avoid
that bit of work.

  Jon Lewis | I route
  Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
  Atlantic Net |