]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

website output from a shell script, help me think this out

Burton Windle <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:04:45 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

So I've got a shell script that I want the output to be available as a
internal-only web page. The shell script is fairly intensive, so I'd like
it ran only when needed (i.e., not pre-generated). However, the shell
script calls a compiled program that is expecting certian enviromental
variables to be set (like, HOME, etc) that doesn't get done when run as
www-data (which is what Debian runs Apache as).

Right now my "web page" is simply:

<?php
$cmd = shell_exec('/home/bwindle/find-ASA-vpn-users.sh');
echo "<pre>$cmd";
?>

What's a clean way to do this?

--
Burton Windle                           [log in to unmask]