]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 30

Arthur Sherman <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:04:41 +0200

text/plain

> > When i run 'spamassassin -D --lint --mbox /path/to/mbox',
> it produces
> > following error:
> > ---
> > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 30
> > ---
> >
> > It started after I updated some perl modules with CPAN.
> >
> > The only link I found googling said I'd re-install my
> server - well, it is a
> > bit too much, I'd say.
> >
> > I believe you guys could come up with a better advice,
> couldn't' you?
> >
> > The erroring file attached
> > OS: CentOS-4.4, Mailscanner-3.x (latest), SpamAssassin
> 3.1.8 (latest)
>
> Revert to a previous version of the module?

Hi James,

I wish I knew how to revert to previous module in CPAN.
Tried once figure it out and couldn't find anything useful.

In the case of Util.pm, it is owned by no package as per rpm query.
I guess, it came with perl distribution.

How would you do it?

Thanks!

Best,

--