]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Ubuntu display resolution limit bug?

Ed Hennis <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:50:09 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, 2:40pm (-0400), Bill Schwab wrote:

> Enter google, and I found references to a bug and manual edits to the
> X11 config, in particular adding refresh rates.  That worked, but I am
> wondering whether there is a better solution?  Might the first monitor
> have triggered the problem?

I'm not sure not Ubuntu-specific this solution is, but when I upgraded to
a widescreen monitor I tracked down:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

from the command line (I think it worked better when done from a text
terminal and not within X).  It autodetected some things, but required me
to enable certain resolutions.  It was easier than messing with xorg.conf
and may work for you, too.

For further reference: http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php and search for
"dpkg resolution"

--
Edward Hennis ___ [log in to unmask] ___ http://www.vaxer.net/~eah
So is there a difference between Democrats and Republicans?  Sure.  The