]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Your recommendation please: a big volume mail solution

"N.J. Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:43:38 -0500

text/plain

* Arthur Sherman <[log in to unmask]> [2007-11-06 23:42:51 +0200]:
> > Victor Duchovni, resident Postfix guru, once set up an 11-machine
> > backend to do a million messages per hour.
>
> Forgot to ask: do you accidentally know what hw did he used? i.e. 1U,
> # of CPUs, memory... So I could estimate this parameter.

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2006-05/0102.html

3.0GHz dual Xeon running Linux with battery-backed write-back disk
caches in front of mirrored SCSI drives.

You should ask on the Postfix list. They have much more experience with
high-volume setup such as yours.

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas