]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Your recommendation please: a big volume mail solution

"Allen S. Rout" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:31:28 -0500

text/plain

>> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 01:42:52 +0200, Arthur Sherman <[log in to unmask]> said:

> The services my company provides are legit spam-proof etc hosting
> services.  The client turned to us for because of quality he
> believes we have in building mailers, i.e. technical expertise
> netto.

... And since you're trolling random lists to satisfy his needs, and
ignoring their feedback, is his belief misplaced?

Dude, run away.  Your actual service to the client cannot be as good
or as cheap as the botnet sellers, because you want to have a real
address and a real location from which you'll commit this loathed
behavior.  The botnets are cheap, because they're stealing.

Tell your customer that what he's doing is reviled, no matter how he
dresses it up.  So, in for a penny, in for a pound: Go join the shadow
economy.

It's where this work belongs.

- Allen S. Rout