]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Your recommendation please: a big volume mail solution

"OULMAN,JAMES F" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:48:28 -0500

text/plain

On Tue Nov 06 19:31:28 EST 2007, "Allen S. Rout" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 01:42:52 +0200, Arthur Sherman
>>> <[log in to unmask]> said:
>

>> The services my company provides are legit spam-proof etc hosting
>> services.  The client turned to us for because of quality he
>> believes we have in building mailers, i.e. technical expertise
>> netto.
>
> ... And since you're trolling random lists to satisfy his needs,
> and
> ignoring their feedback, is his belief misplaced?
>
> Dude, run away.  Your actual service to the client cannot be as
> good
> or as cheap as the botnet sellers, because you want to have a
> real
> address and a real location from which you'll commit this loathed
> behavior.  The botnets are cheap, because they're stealing.

And fortunately, botnets are starting to get less effective with
things like the PBL.

They are still very effective at DOS'ing such bl's though. =)

Oh, and for all of the sendmail jabs, it can handle 1million
messages a day fine. Some have even been known to do more on
lesser OS's[1].

-James

1. http://www.ibm.com/servers/aix/