]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Your recommendation please: a big volume mail solution

Bob Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:44:33 -0500

text/plain

On Wednesday 07 November 2007 12:21, Burton Windle wrote:
> Woah woah woah, Bob! Jon Lewis is not Atlantic.net; he may work for them,
> but he can't be responsible for every naughty thing that happens at an ISP
> of Atlantic.net's size. Berating him in a public forum over something that
> a customer of his employer does is hardly appropriate.

I didn't berate him. I never mentioned him. I asked him what Atlantic.net's
policy is, although I included a rather long-winded example.

If berating Atlantic.net in public is what it takes to get them to act on a
spam complaint, then I think it is appropriate.

> Jon is very anti-spam; he (and Atlantic.net) run one of the larger
> anti-spam black lists (NJABL) around.

Yes, but that doesn't mean his employer actually acts on spam complaints.
Perhaps some of their employees are in need of additional training. Or
perhaps they don't act on a complaint until they get it from a lot of people.

- Bob