LINUX-L 2007

Re: Call centers are now using Asterisk

"Bell,Douglas J" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:18:40 -0500

text/plain

That is awesome...

Douglas J. Bell  MCSE, MCDBA
Senior Computer Programmer Analyst
University of Florida International Center
http://www.ufic.ufl.edu
O: (352) 273 - 1515
C: (352) 262 3277

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't."

-----Original Message-----
From: Platform Independent Linux List! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bill Merriam
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 7:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Call centers are now using Asterisk

I have discovered, I think, that the call centers that annoy me are
trying to use Asterisk against me.  I am fighting back.  I started
listening to the calls I send to the "Monkey Room".  They are frequently
voice synthesis with Interactive Voice Response systems.  They play you
a silly customized message and want you to press buttons to connect to
someone.

DO NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION:  Why do people hold on the phone line, and
even press buttons, to talk to people who are trying to sell them
something they don't want?

I am experimenting with sending the necessary DTMF sounds to connect to
a person, then dialing their inbound 800 number and connecting them to
each other.  It is beautiful.  They don't understand what is happening
and spend a lot of time calling each other rude morons.  They are right,
they are rude morons.

I was never here.  I did not say this.

Bill