LINUX-L 2007

help with simple script

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:44:51 -0800

text/plain

I can't figure out how to do this.  I've tried to cobble something
together from examples I've googled but I keep running into errors.
Probably a simple misunderstanding.

I've got 323 zone files of the style:  sub.domain.tld.db

Each file has two lines, one after the other, that look like this (among
many other lines):

<snip>
mx	600	IN	A	4.79.140.190
mx0	600	IN	A	4.79.140.190
</snip>

where the field separators are all tabs.

I need to delete the first of these two lines in all the zone files.

(Note that I do NOT need to change the serial numbers; I've got a
program that does that.  I only need to remove the top line of this
pair of lines wherever it exists in the zone file.

There is NEVER the first line without the second.

Can someone help me with a simple script?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408