LINUX-L 2007

Re: help with simple script

Clay Wells <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:24:34 -0500

text/plain

hi jason,
i'd recommend sed for this:

sed -e '/^mx/d' < mxremove.txt > mxremoved.txt

mxremove.txt:
line 1
line 2
mx
mx0
line 5
line 6

after sed
mxremoved.txt:
line 1
line 2
line 5
line 6

make sense? of course i'd put this sed line in a shell script and have it
execute on all files and output to the filename.new via a loop... etc...

i'm sure there are handful of other ways to do the same thing.
hope this helps.
cheers,
clay