LINUX-L 2007

Jim is the MAN!

Eric Lavigne <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:31:05 -0400

text/plain

Congratulations to Jim Wilson for his Python solution to this year's
Codeslinger championship. Several of us hammered away with brute force
solutions, but Jim sliced through this problem with a quick and simple
approach based on "greedy" grouping. We continued trying for half an
hour after Jim submitted his solution, but still none of us could
solve the problem.

I'm still trying to finish my solution -- hats off to Jim for an
unrivaled performance on this year's challenging problem!