LINUX-L 2007

Re: self-deleting tarball?

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:46:48 -0700

text/plain

On Sunday 25 March 2007 09:46 pm, Jeff Lasman wrote:

> Okay, here's one for the record books... at least for me, anyway.
>
> I've got a tarball: home.tar.gz
>
> I can manipulate it on the server that created it.
>
> But when I scp it to another server...
>
> I can see it in the directory ... it grows as it's getting built on
> the destination system.
>
> Once it gets there, within a second, it disappears from the
> directory.

I finally found the problem.  The colo center had built this machine for
our client.  They installed McAfee LinuxShield.  I asked him to have
them remove it.  They said they did; he forwarded the email on to me.

So it wasn't until I'd tested everything else that I decided to look for
LinuxShield.  Guess what... it was still running.

<frown>

It's removed now.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517