LINUX-L 2007

Re: connection monitoring?

Tom Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:25:01 -0400

text/plain

I second Cacti as a great monitoring tool. It uses RRD databases to
store data, so you can it them to store whatever precision you like
for as long as you like, based on your needs and how much storage
space you're willing to give up. The default graphs keep 5 minute
data for 2 days, then start doing time averages into longer intervals.

-Tom